A Topic No One Has Ever Written About
I hope you had a nice Holiday Season! For my first post of 2017, I decided to write about something new, something fascinating.
Then I decided to save that topic for another week.
On to the New Year's resolutions!
In previous years I've done a reasonably good job of sticking with my New Year's resolutions. I believe it's important to set some goals for yourself. Even better, share your resolutions with family or friends so there's someone that can hold you accountable. Okay, here are my resolutions for 2017:
- Hold monthly financial check-ins with my wife. Okay, maybe this isn't the most exciting or romantic goal, but we've done this in previous years and it's been instrumental to our financial success as well as the health of our marriage.
- Slowly increase my exercise regimen now that my lower back injury has healed. At this time, I have no desire to resume the punishing routine required to participate in triathlons. Ten years of that was enough. Now I'll settle for keeping off excess weight and remaining healthy.
- Ditch my phone/tablet/laptop when the girls get home from school. Recently, my brother-in-law helped set up a charging station in our house. I'd like to drop my tech gear there for the few short hours I have with the girls before they have to go to bed. Out of sight, out of mind. Email and work can wait until after they're asleep.
So what are your New Year's resolutions? If you're a client, I'd love it if you shared yours with me. Feel free to share even if you're not a client!
I hope you have a great year. Good luck sticking with your resolutions!
Listening / Reading / Watching
Here's what has my attention right now:
- The Smartest Places on Earth: Why Rustbelts Are the Emerging Hotspots of Global Innovation by Antoine van Agtmael and Fred Bakker. The authors take a look at parts of the US that have been written off. They conclude these regions may be actually leading the way forward for new products and technologies.
- Catching up on issues of Wired magazine that have been sitting on my nightstand.